Wednesday, February 22, 2012

SLO Weekend


Last weekend we headed over to the coast for Cody's shower and a little get-away!  Although we missed the kids, it was a very relaxing and refreshing trip.  Started off with a two-hour car ride of uninterrupted conversation and yummy coffee!


Cody's shower was so nice.  I'm so excited for my wonderful friend.  And it was great seeing all the girls!

That night we went to Goshi's for sushi.....yuuuuuum.

And then to Cielo (good, but no Mission Grill) for a drink.

We stayed at Quality Inn on Monterey, gotta love that breakfast!!

We had to take a Poly campus tour to see all the changes.  I like the updates, but kinda missed the way I remembered it.  Check out the UU...sooo different!  

Fortunately good 'ole Sandwich Factory is still there.

And Lucy's!

They're constructing a new science building, pretty awesome.




Can't leave SLO without the BEST tri-tip sandwich EVER!


Whenever I go back there I'm reminded of how lucky I was to live there for 4 years.  I guess I'm still pretty lucky to only be 2 1/2 hours away.  








3 comments:

  1. Ahh so jealous! Such a special place, did you go by the buchon house? Looking forward to seeing you at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't even recognize the UU! Crazy! So glad you had a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....so jealous! I was just telling Luke that I want to head up to SLO soon. It has been too long! Glad to see that you & the hubby were able to get away & have some time away from the kids...so important! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete